Tag Archives: Greenwich Ferry

Potter’s Ferry

These buildings are on the site of the oldest developed area of the Isle of Dogs, the ferry to Greenwich, for many centuries known as Potter’s Ferry. The first documented mention of a ferry here was in 1450, and it was probably … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , | 5 Comments

The Medieval Road from Poplar High St to the Greenwich Ferry

Much of East Ferry Rd – known as Farm Rd to many Islanders – follows the path of one of the oldest roads on the Island, the road from Poplar to the Greenwich Ferry. The ferry was operating as early … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , | 15 Comments